Protect your brand and customers with an SSL certificate.
Call us today to order
If you accept credit card information thought your website then you NEED an SSL certificate!
Running a E-Commerce website? pair up one of our SSL products below with one of our Shared Cloud Hosting plans that meet PCI-DSS WAF compliance requirements.
RapidSSL, Affordable SSL Certificate That Secures Your Site without Breaking the Bank
RapidSSL® Certificates help you keep your customers' transactions secure with up to 256-bit data encryption and site authentication at a low price.
GeoTrust World-class SSL Certificates offer fast delivery at a cost-effective price, enabling up to 256-bit SSL encryption.
GeoTrust® offers a range of value-priced SSL Certificates with fast delivery. Choose the Validation method to maximize trust for your business: Extended Validation, full organization validation or domain authentication.
|QuickSSL Premium||True BusinessID||True BusinessID Wildcard||True BusinessID with EV|
SSL Terms you should know
NetSure Warranty SSL Certificate Warranty:
- Warranty is an insurance for an end user against loss of money when submitting a payment on an SSL-secured site. All SSL certificates provide your website with an extra assurance that your site is safe to conduct business online.
- There are three types of SSL Certificate available today; Extended Validation (EV SSL), Organization Validated (OV SSL) and Domain Validated (DV SSL). The encryption levels are the same for each certificate, what differs is the vetting and verification processes needed to obtain the certificate and the look and feel of in the browser address bar.
Extended Validation (EV SSL) Certificates
With an EV SSL, the Certificate Authority (CA) checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name plus, it conducts a thorough vetting of the organization. The issuance process of EV SSL Certificates is strictly defined in the EV Guidelines, as formally ratified by the CA/Browser forum in 2007. All the steps required for a CA before issuing a certificate are specified here including:
- verifying the legal, physical and operational existence of the entity,
- verifying that the identity of the entity matches official records,
- verifying that the entity has exclusive right to use the domain specified in the EV SSL Certificate,
- and verifying that the entity has properly authorized the issuance of the EV SSL Certificate.
The latest, and possibly most significant, advancement in SSL technology since its initial inception follows the standardized Extended Validation guidelines. New high security browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Opera 9.5+, Firefox 3+, Google Chrome, Apple Safari 3.2+ and iPhone Safari 3.0+ identify Extended SSL Certificates and activate the browser interface security enhancements, such as the green bar or green font. For customers who wish to assert the highest levels of authenticity, this is the ideal solution.
EV SSL Certificates are available for all types of businesses, including government entities and both incorporated and unincorporated businesses. A second set of guidelines, the EV Audit Guidelines, specify the criteria under which a CA needs to be successfully audited before issuing EV SSL Certificates. The audits are repeated yearly to ensure the integrity of the issuance process.Example of EV SSL Certificate
- Organization Authentication RequirementsThe following entities are eligible to receive an EV Certificate provided they are currently registered with and approved by an official registration agency in their jurisdiction. The resulting charter, certificate, license or equivalent must be verifiable through that registration agency.
- Government agencies
- General partnerships
- Unincorporated associations
- Sole proprietorships
- GeoTrust must be able to confirm all of the following organizational registration requirements:
Official government agency records must include:
- The organization’s registration number.
- The organization’s date of registration/incorporation.
- The organization’s registered address.
A non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) must include the organization’s place of business address if it is not included in the Government agency records
If the organization has been registered for less than three years, GeoTrust must verify operational existence through one of the following means: Through a non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) – or – By verifying the organization has an active demand deposit account (such as a checking account) with a regulated financial institution through a Lawyer’s Opinion Letter or directly with the financial institution.
Domain Authentication RequirementsTo qualify for an Extended Validation SSL Certificate, domain registration details must reflect the full Organization name as included in the certificate request. Where domain registration does not reflect the organization name as identified in the certificate request, positive confirmation of the Organization’s exclusive right to use the domain name is required from the registered domain administrator or with a Lawyer Opinion Letter.
The domain must be registered with ICANN or IANA registrar (for CCTLDs). Domain registration details must be updated to reflect the organization name as included on the certificate request.
Where domain registration is private, the domain registrar is required to unblock the privacy feature.
The Organization’s certificate approver must confirm knowledge of the organization’s domain ownership during the verification call.
Additional Verification requirements:
If GeoTrust is unable to verify any of the required information on your certificate application, we may request you to provide a Professional opinion from a lawyer or accountant to verify the information
True BusinessID® with EV assures customers that your business is legitimate and your site is secure. It helps:
- Increase transaction conversion rates
- Lower shopping cart abandonment
- Set you apart from your competitors
- Show customers you care about their security
- Protect your brand from phishing schemes
- Security: business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root
- Universality: support for more than 99% of browsers and most mobile device browsers
- Bonus: secure domain.com for free when you order www.domain.com
Organization Validated (OV SSL) Certificates
The CA checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name PLUS it conducts some vetting of the organization. Additional vetted company information is displayed to customers when clicking on the Secure Site Seal, giving enhanced visibility in who is behind the site and associated enhanced trust. Organization name also appears in the certificate under the ON field.
Domain Validated (DV SSL) Certificates
The CA checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name. No company identity information is vetted and no information is displayed other than encryption information within the Secure Site Seal. While you can be sure that your information is encrypted, you cannot be sure who is truly at the receiving end of that information.
DVSSL Certificates are fully supported and share the same browser recognition with OV SSL, but come with the advantage of being issued almost immediately and without the need to submit company paperwork. This makes DV SSL ideal for businesses needing a low cost SSL quickly and without the effort of submitting company documents.
Free SSL with Let's Encrypt
Most of our hosting plans allow access to the free SSL Certificate program called Let's Encrypt. The Let's Encrypt project was created to give everyone the opportunity to make the Internet a more secure place while submitting data.
If you would like Nucleus to install Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on to your domain for a $40 install fee.
IMPORTANT: For websites doing credit card processing or collecting personal information we strongly recommend using our "QuickSSL Premium" certificate or higher, instead of Free SSL by Let's Encrypt
- Plans and pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Cannot be refunded
- Regional and location restrictions may apply.
- Prices do not include taxes.
- $40 install fee may apply