Consulting: In Shop PC Repair
In shop work done on your PC at our Calgary office is billed at a rate of $50.00/hour with a minimum half hour charge. Please review the list below for some specific examples of what may have a fixed cost.
PC Cleanup Special
- Mal-ware bytes scan
- Virus scan
- Updating of drivers/OS patches
- Blow out/Clean the computer
- Replacing bad hardware
- Reinstall of OS or Drivers
- Backing up of data
- This is a minimum half hour charge and is quoted at about 30 minutes per piece of hardware when doing an installation. For example if someone needed a motherboard and a video card installed, it would be a 1 hour charge.
OS Re-Installation w/ updates
- This is generally a minimal 3 hour process and the charge for this would be $150
- This is a minimum half hour charge but again, it can depend on the amount of windows updates that need to be done. This would be quoted at 30 minutes but has the potential to be much larger.
- Formatting a partition is normally done during an OS installation. If this is requested, a minimum half hour charge would apply.
Virus Scanning/Spyware Removal
- These areas are generally a minimum 2 hour charge ($100.00) but again, depending on the overall state of the PC this cost can both increase or decrease, the average is about 2 hours.
Backup data onto second drive or CD
- Backups are generally quoted at a one hour charge ($50) but depending on the amount of data, this can increased.
Other (general troubleshooting)
- Other troubleshooting is usually priced at about two and a half hours overall ($125).
For any further information contact one of our Technical Support representatives at 403-209-0000 (Calgary) 780-413-1700 (Edmonton) or 1-888-NUCLEUS to book an appointment. Alternatively you may email our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
- Plans and pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Prices do not include taxes.
- We are not responsible for data loss while preforming requested work.